Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policy Statement
The health and safety of our employees and their families, our clients, and the communities in which we work, as well as the protection of the environment, are core values we will not compromise. While safe behavior is ultimately the responsibility of each of us, Kennedy/Jenks will provide a safe and healthful workplace, and will ensure that safety and environmental issues are incorporated in the planning and execution of the company’s business. Through management leadership and employee participation, Kennedy/Jenks will continuously strive to improve our safety and environmental performance by adhering to the following policy objectives:
- Develop and improve programs and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable safety and environmental laws and regulations.
- Ensure that all employees are properly trained and provided with appropriate safety equipment.
- Take appropriate action to minimize hazards or mitigate conditions that endanger health, safety or the environment.
- Build a respect for the environment by engaging in sound reuse and recycling practices, and using energy efficiently throughout our operations.
- Encourage personal accountability and emphasize compliance with standards and conformity with our safety, health and environmental policies and best practices during employee training and in performance reviews.
- Communicate our desire to improve our performance continuously and foster the expectation that every employee will follow this policy and report any health, safety or environmental concern to company management.
HSE Management System Commitment
Kennedy/Jenks provides comprehensive engineering and environmental services, highly innovative solutions, and cost-effective results to clients nationwide. The benefits of our services are accompanied by enduring commitments to Kennedy/Jenks’ HSE Management System. We will make continuous progress toward the vision of no accidents, injuries or harm to the environment, and will conduct our business in an ethical manner that increasingly benefits our employees, clients and society, while adhering to the following principles:
- To provide services, in partnership with our clients, in a safe and environmentally friendly manner;
- To make health, safety, the environment and resource conservation critical considerations for all new and existing projects;
- To commit the firm to educate, demonstrate, and innovate in the area of sustainability – inside our offices and beyond.
- To provide information on health or environmental risks, and to identify, implement and promote protective measures for our employees, our clients and the public;
- To operate our offices and project sites in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees, our clients and the public;
- To comply with safety and environmental laws, regulations and standards that safeguard the community, workplace and environment; and,
- To practice safe and responsible operations, encouraging and assisting others in this endeavor.