Kennedy/Jenks provides technological and strategic innovation that support our client’s current and future goals.
INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS & INFORMATION SERVICES
Unique Solutions Yield Savings Now and in the Future
The Integrated Solutions & Information Services Group (ISG) at Kennedy/Jenks has found solutions to the challenges of managing information for complex engineering and science projects. The ISG team comprises engineers and environmental scientists with expertise in water resources and systems, hydrogeology, geology, environmental engineering, geography, transportation, electrical engineering, mathematics, and computer sciences.
Key among our qualifications is our ability to listen. It is not our goal to predetermine solutions for our clients. Instead, we take the time to listen to your technical needs, organization concerns, and programmatic goals. We analyze your project’s characteristics to achieve your goal as efficiently as possible. The successful process follows these four steps:
- Develop a big-picture strategy by analyzing your present and future issues
- Create individual “integrated solutions” with you, drawing on our engineering and scientific experience and our knowledge of today’s technological innovations
- Create a cost-effective road map to executing the strategies that work best for you
- Measure the success of solutions based on their effectiveness and savings and efficiency gained
Quantitative and Data Modeling
Our staff includes professionals with degrees in geology, groundwater, and surface water sciences, with years of experience in watershed analysis, surface water hydraulic evaluations, aquifer storage and recharge (ASR), chemical fate and transport modeling in groundwater, geostatistics, mixing zone assessments, and vadose zone characterization. Featuring; state-of-the-art mapping, database expertise, GIS computer tools, and the latest numerical modeling codes Kennedy/Jenks can:
- Construct fast, comprehensive, and accurate computer models
- Quickly characterize current water supply conditions
- Simulate future aquifer storage capacity, water demand, and water quality scenarios\
- Effective Litigation Services
For clients in litigation, Kennedy/Jenks provides a team of hydrogeologists, computer scientists, and animators who know how to present complex information for discovery and trial. As part of our environmental due diligence process, we synthesize data and their potential environmental impacts on public health.
Tailoring information tools to your budget, operations, and goals makes state-of-the-art technology truly productive.
- Numerical and 3-D modeling
- Customized geographical information systems
- Mapping with global positioning systems
- Computer collection of field data
- Complete, web-based environmental management
- Software training
Project Web Portals to Foster Community Acceptance
For many municipalities, Kennedy/Jenks has provided customized project web portals that allow the public entity, agency partners, regulatory agencies, and consultants to manage projects and collaborate in real time, 24 hours per day. The portal provides:
- Access to the same information by planning, engineering, operations, legal, financial, regulatory permitting, funding, and construction teams
- Updates as the project is implemented in phases
- Project team contact information
- Meeting scheduling tools
- The ability to collaborate on documents and presentations
- Document review and repository
- Posting of all media coverage
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants possesses an active and visible Applied Research Group (ARG) that not only performs applied water, wastewater, and recycled water applied research but also reviews technologies and performs water quality related projects for clients. The ARG is comprised of scientists and engineers who have secure six million dollars of federal and state applied research grants over the past five years in order to bring technologies to our clients and provide technical solutions on how to integrate them into their current treatment systems.. ARG provides in-house expertise, as well as access to information from universities and other research laboratories in a given subject area, and applies that knowledge or technique to projects.
Front-line Research and Problem Solving to Benefit Our Clients, Going Beyond Standard Technologies and Processes
The ARG maintains their focus on our clients’ most technically challenging issues by:
- Conducting pilot and field studies of regulated and emerging contaminants
- Performing applied research of emerging technologies
- Collaborating with universities to bring the best minds and ideas to our clients
- Providing briefings on the latest water, wastewater, and recycled water research to our teams
Scientists and Engineers with Important Research Experience
The Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of scientists and engineers who have participated in major research initiatives in the water, wastewater, and recycled water fields. Their work has resulted in the acceptance of new technologies and treatment processes. These professionals provide access to in-house expertise as well as to information from universities and other institutions doing research in subject areas of concern. For the past five years, the ARG has focused on two main research thrusts:
1) Energy and water efficiency during wastewater treatment, and
2) The advanced treatment of impaired water sources.
These thrusts allow our clients to benefit from Kennedy/Jenks applied research and technology review in times of population growth, competing water resource needs and rising energy costs.
INNOVATION GRANT PROGRAM
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants self-funds their internal Innovation Grant Program (IGP). The IGP provides employees budget for their time and expenses to explore and investigate technologies and business ventures that may help our clients in the future. Grants are dispersed in a competitive manner and successful grant winners are required to share their finding directly with the Board of Directors as well as the company as a whole. Innovation grants dispersed in 2016 included the use of drone technology for environmental applications and the exploration of the use of regenerative drive technology in the water industry.