What Our Clients Say:
...this project was very complicated...extensive upland excavation of petroleum contaminated soil, replacement of an older timber bulkhead with steel sheet pile, building relocation, rerouting of utility lines, wetland mitigation, archaeological monitoring, etc. ...I don’t think we could have completed this project so successfully without all of Jarod’s efforts.
Kennedy/Jenks has been performing environmental assessment and remediation work for more than 36 years. We have completed thousands of Phase I and II Environmental Assessments and completed remedial investigation/feasibility studies at hundreds of sites. These projects have ranged from sites of a few acres and a few thousands of dollars to multimillion-dollar projects at sites greater than 67,000 acres. We provide a full range of environmental management services to meet your needs.
Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) projects typically include a variety of tasks depending on the nature of the site. These may include collecting samples of soil, groundwater or other materials for laboratory analysis, drilling soil borings and/or monitoring wells, or collecting soil vapor or air samples. We use Rapid Site Assessment tools such as the Rapid Optical Screening Tool (ROST) and Membrane Interface Probes (MIP) in conjunction with Dynamic Work Plans to characterize sites with hydrocarbon and chlorinated Volatile Organic Compounds (cVOCs) to speed up the site characterization process.
We have designed and implemented remediation for areas ranging from a few hundred feet to several acres, scaling our designs as appropriate. We offer remediation specialists from a diverse background of environmental scientists, geologists, hydrogeologists, and engineers. Our remediation professionals have extensive experience with treatment of a broad range of contaminants in soil vapor, soil, sediments, surface water, and groundwater using innovative technologies and solutions.
Site Assessment/Remediation services include:
- Bench Scale Testing
- Pilot Study Implementation
- Focused Feasibility Studies for Interim Remedial Actions and Brownfields
- Feasibility Studies
- Fate and Transport Evaluation/Modeling (Unsaturated and Saturated Zones)
- Permitting and Remedial Design, including Technical Specifications and Drawings
- Procurement, Bid Evaluation, and Contractor Recommendation
- Implementation of Vapor, Soil, and Groundwater Treatment Technologies, including Sustainable Remediation Techniques
- Operation, Maintenance, and Monitoring of Remedial Systems
- Value Engineering and Remediation System Optimization
- Engineering Cost Estimating
- Litigation Support