Water is essential to almost every industrial process and, ultimately, the health of our economy and standard of living. Yet, water scarcity and public concern about the effect of contaminants on both humans and habitats has generated ever-changing regulations and standards for the release of industrial wastewater into the environment. Private industries now must include sustainable, cost-effective ways to safely discharge water and treat and reuse water within their facilities.
Wastewater management has been at the core of Kennedy Jenks’ consulting practice since the firm was founded in 1919. Always at the forefront of science and technology, our practice has advanced as wastewater treatment has advanced. We have helped industrial clients throughout the United States build and adapt their infrastructure to meet the demands of growth, regulation, and resource management. Kennedy Jenks has experience in aerospace manufacturing, pulp and paper, food and beverage processing, marine terminals, chemicals and pharmaceuticals. We are experts in local and NPDES requirements for discharge limits and conditions for industrial and commercial processes of all types.
With a reputation for excellence and innovation, many clients have relied on Kennedy Jenks’ services for more than half a century. Whether designing new facilities or expanding and upgrading existing facilities, we provide clients with innovative, cost-effective solutions that respond to their specific needs.
Our wastewater treatment capabilities and services include:
- Project conceptualization and problem assessment
- Field investigations
- Glassware and pilot-scale testing
- Process Hazards Analysis and Process Safety Management
- Complete conceptual and final design services
- Wastewater hydraulics and pumping
- Troubleshooting and operations assistance
- Power, instrumentation, and controls upgrades and plant automation
- Treatment facility condition assessment and rehabilitation
- Energy recovery, efficiency, and conservation
- Effluent discharge permitting and outfall design
- Solids treatment and biosolids management
- Water recycling and reuse
- Engineering services during construction, including construction management
- Commissioning and Startup Assistance
KJ’s talented experts bring a wealth of innovative solutions to help clients optimize wastewater treatment in a variety of industries, including mining, aerospace, food and beverage and pulp and paper.
Kennedy Jenks is ready to help your winery navigate the pathway to compliance for CV-SALTS (Central Valley Salinity Alternatives for Long Term Sustainability).