What Our Clients Say:
Your firm’s progressive design-build process was instrumental towards the SEJPA securing the project financing… I commend KJ and your staff for continuing to bring forward ‘out of the box’ ideas that lead to implementable solutions that bring value to the community we serve.
Kennedy Jenks, Shannon & Wilson, and Aldea were very responsive and worked closely with the district and constructors to complete a complex and challenging project on time and under budget.
Designing and building large-scale engineering projects is time-consuming, costly, and risky. Increasingly, clients in both the public and private spheres are looking for ways to reduce their risk and achieve cost certainty by exploiting efficiencies between planners, designers, and builders.
As a design/build industry leader for more than 25 years, Kennedy Jenks offers a spectrum of partnership models, including progressive design-build, fixed-price design-build, construction management at risk, and design-build operate. Our team provides engineering and scientific solutions, as well as construction management services as a contractor, designer of record, and/or designer on design-build, contractor-led teams.
As the owner’s representative, KJ tailors the procurement approach to match each client’s needs and specific project objectives. Knowing this, we craft the procurement RFQs, RFPs and selection criteria to align with project-specific goals. We also work with legal counsels to align procurement documents with the established project goals.
Through our design-build services, we strive to:
- Define our client’s project objectives and clearly understand our clients’ concerns, budget limitations, and schedule requirements
- Work closely with our clients to obtain buy-in from all involved stakeholders, including elected officials, the public, regulatory agencies, operations and maintenance staff, and other involved parties
- Validate construction and operating costs through independent quantity take-offs and cost estimating
- Assess the cost/benefit of capital and operating cost “tradeoffs” through the lends of a project financial pro forma
- Use a reliability-centered design approach to value engineering and cost justification
- Foster win-win outcomes for our clients, contractors, rate payers and invested project stakeholders
David Harrison, Vice President, Director of Program Management Services