What Our Clients Say:
Your firm’s progressive design-build process was instrumental towards the SEJPA securing the project financing… I commend KJ and your staff for continuing to bring forward ‘out of the box’ ideas that lead to implementable solutions that bring value to the community we serve.
Kennedy Jenks, Shannon & Wilson, and Aldea were very responsive and worked closely with the district and constructors to complete a complex and challenging project on time and under budget.
Designing and building large-scale engineering projects is time-consuming, costly, and risky. Increasingly, clients in both the public and private spheres are looking for ways to reduce their risk and achieve cost certainty by exploiting efficiencies between planners, designers, and builders.
As a design-build industry leader for more than 30 years, Kennedy Jenks (KJ) provides engineering and scientific solutions, as well as construction project management services as a contractor, designer of record, and designer on design-build contractor led teams for small and large projects. With this combined experience, our team helps owners evaluate operations that best fit their project, procurement needs and provide construction services assistance. KJ provides a broad sector of services including progressive design-build, design-build, design-build at risk, and design-build operator.
Through our design-build services, we strive to:
- Define our client’s project objectives and clearly understand our clients’ concerns, budget limitations, and schedule requirements
- Work closely with our clients to obtain buy-in from all involved stakeholders, including elected officials, the public, regulatory agencies, operations and maintenance staff, and other involved parties
- Validate construction and operating costs through independent quantity take-offs and cost estimating
- Assess the cost/benefit of capital and operating cost “tradeoffs” through the lens of a project financial pro forma
- Use a reliability-centered design approach to value engineering and cost justification
- Foster win-win outcomes for our clients, contractors, rate payers and invested project stakeholders
Kennedy Jenks is an expert in Design-Build, and knows first-hand the benefits of collaborative delivery, whether it’s progressive design-build or GCCM.