What Our Clients Say:
...this project was very complicated...extensive upland excavation of petroleum contaminated soil, replacement of an older timber bulkhead with steel sheet pile, building relocation, rerouting of utility lines, wetland mitigation, archaeological monitoring, etc. ...I don’t think we could have completed this project so successfully without all of (KJ’s) efforts.
Assessing and revitalizing contaminated sites is not only critical to the health of the environment, but often contributes to the success of the local economy. Former contaminated sites around the world have been cleaned up and transformed into community assets such as parks, retail centers, and wilderness areas.
Kennedy Jenks has been performing environmental assessment and remediation work for decades. Our process involves integration of site characterization, risk assessment, and remediation in order to focus all phases of the project lifecycle on the desired outcomes. We have completed thousands of environmental assessments and remedial investigation/feasibility studies at hundreds of sites. These projects have involved soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, soil vapor, and indoor air characterization using a range of conventional and innovative tools. They have ranged in size from retail gas stations to sites greater than 67,000 acres.
We offer expertise from a diverse background of environmental scientists, geologists, hydrogeologists, and engineers. Our remediation professionals have extensive experience with treatment of a broad range of contaminants in soil vapor, soil, sediments, surface water, and groundwater using innovative technologies and solutions.
Our assessment and remediation services include:
- Bench scale testing
- Pilot study implementation
- Focused feasibility studies for interim remedial actions and brownfields
- Feasibility studies
- Permitting and remedial design, including technical specifications and drawings
- Procurement, bid evaluation, and contractor recommendation
- Implementation of vapor, soil, and groundwater treatment technologies, including in-situ, ex-situ, passive, and sustainable remediation techniques
- Operation, maintenance, and monitoring of remedial systems
- Value engineering and remediation system optimization
- Engineering cost estimating
- Vapor intrusion evaluations and mitigation system design and construction
- Litigation support and cost recovery