What Our Clients Say:
...this project was very complicated...extensive upland excavation of petroleum contaminated soil, replacement of an older timber bulkhead with steel sheet pile, building relocation, rerouting of utility lines, wetland mitigation, archaeological monitoring, etc. ...I don’t think we could have completed this project so successfully without all of (KJ’s) efforts.
Characterizing conditions at facilities and properties undergoing environmental assessment and remediation is critical to the success of property transactions, redevelopment projects, and business continuity at operating facilities. Properly characterizing soil, groundwater, and vapor conditions within the context of a robust Conceptual Site Model (CSM) allows for better evaluation of potential risk and identification of more effective and efficient solutions. A well-developed CSM considers environmental conditions within an integrated understanding of local and regional geology and hydrology and the past, present, and potential future built environment.
Kennedy Jenks has completed thousands of environmental assessments and remedial investigation/feasibility studies at hundreds of sites. These projects have involved soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, soil vapor, and indoor air characterization using a range of conventional and innovative tools. They have ranged in size from retail gas stations to sites greater than 67,000 acres.
Our Site Characterization services include:
- Phase 1 site assessments
- Phase 2 site evaluation using conventional drilling and sampling as well as innovative subsurface exploration tools, including direct push and direct sensing tools such as cone penetrometer testing (CPT), membrane interface probe (MIP), and laser-induced florescence (LIF)
- Soil and groundwater characterization
- Soil vapor investigation
- Vapor intrusion evaluation
- Geochemical and biogeochemical evaluation
- Monitored Natural Attenuation (MNA) evaluation and plume modeling
- Fate and transport evaluation/modeling (unsaturated and saturated zones)
- PFAS sampling and characterization
- Sediment characterization
- Applied Data Management and Visualization