Demonstrating commitment to the environment, labor and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement, Kennedy Jenks now ranks in the top four percent of architectural and engineering respondents.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 13 2022
EcoVadis awarded Kennedy Jenks a gold rating in recognition of company sustainability management in 2022, signaling an increase from its previous silver ranking in 2021. The employee-owned firm now ranks in the top four percent of architectural and engineering respondents, demonstrating advancements in the themes of environment, labor & human rights, and ethics.
Kennedy Jenks’s continued efforts to focus on diversity and inclusion, offer flexible and remote work options, reduce energy consumption, provide sustainable development consulting and services to clients, and spearhead employee-ownership initiatives demonstrates an advanced level of sustainability performance in the EcoVadis rating.
“Once again EcoVadis recognized Kennedy Jenks’ focus on our business practices,” said Scott Larew, Vice President and Principal Scientist at Kennedy Jenks. “Since our first submission in 2021, we focused on sustainability measures within our IT infrastructure, improving training and career management within the organization, and further developing our diversity and inclusion initiatives through open forums, learning sessions, and educational communications–these elements are foundational to our culture.”
Kennedy Jenks’ 2022 EcoVadis score puts the employee-owned firm:
- in the top four percent overall of companies in the Architectural and Engineering category; technical testing and analysis industry;
- in the top 25 percent of companies in the Architectural and Engineering category in terms of environment measures,
- in the top five percent of companies in the Architectural and Engineering category; technical testing and analysis industry in terms of sustainable procurement;
- in the top 11 percent of companies in the Architectural and Engineering category; technical testing and analysis industry for Labor & Human Rights;
- and in the top two percent of companies in the Architectural and engineering category; technical testing and analysis industry in the ethics category.
Kennedy Jenks is committed to these core focus areas of corporate social responsibility.
About Kennedy Jenks
Kennedy Jenks is a leading water and environmental engineering firm that serves public agencies and industrial clients with over 400 employees nationwide. The employee-owned firm delivers innovative design, construction, and technology solutions for water, industrial and environmental projects across the United States. Visit www.kennedyjenks.com for more information.
EcoVadis is the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings, intelligence and collaborative performance improvement tools for global supply chains. Considering a company’s size and industry, EcoVadis, assesses a company’s business practices on four main themes: environment, labor and human rights, ethics and sustainable procurement, to analyze the company and provide their sustainability rating each year. Visit https://ecovadis.com/ for more information.
Suzanne Broadbent, Senior Director of Communications